Here is a healthier option for the popular crunchy and crispy treat! Did you know marshmallows have gelatin in them?! Gelatin is made from collagen obtained from various animal body parts. YIKES!! So, we used vegan marshmallows (Trader Joe’s, and whole foods carry these!).
5 cups rice crispy cereal
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 10 ox bag of mini marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (vanilla extract)
A pinch of salt
- Grease 8 x 8-inch pan (could use any size, really) with coconut oil and set aside
- Over medium heat, in a large pot, melt the coconut and add the bag of marshmallows while stirring with a wooden spoon/spatula.
- Continue stirring and add in salt and vanilla bean powder
- Once the marshmallows are melted, pour in the rice crispy cereal, and stir until combined.
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly
- Let sit for 1-2 hours or until firm